Wednesday, December 24, 2008

George Carlin Should Have Been President

Yesterday I was at my friend's house, and he showed me a George Carlin DVD he had gotten from his uncle. Before that, I had never heard any of George Carlin's bits. Hell, I had never even heard of him until he died. Now I realize I missed out on a comedian that's not only funny as hell, but makes a lot of sense. Just today I watched his "Religion is bull****" bit on YouTube, and the things he said about how we (not me though, I figured this out a long time ago) have been mindlessly tricked into believing there is "an invisible man in the sky" seemed so obvious, I can't believe people haven't figured that out yet. By far, my favorite bit from the DVD (I only watched about 45 minutes worth of material) was his long bit on how overcomplicated airplane safety is. But the one that made the most sense to me was a short bit he made about how mindless patriotism is stupid, and I agree. After all, just because you are born on a particular piece of land, doesn't mean you have to go around parading about how much better that piece of land is than any other piece of land. Seriously, if we ever invent a way to bring people back from the dead, George Carlin should be our first priority. And while we're at it, we should elect him President of the United States for life. He'd certainly do a much better job than a certain current president.

Oh, and to anybody who doesn't like him because he curses a lot: they're just words, get over it.

No comments: